Nah is an ALL-INCLUSIVE FACILITY!
(Revised April 2023)
What does inclusive mean? That means NO EXTRA FEES FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- Treats are given if provided by the owner
- Extra love, cuddles, and attention
- Socialization for friendly dogs
- One on one playtime for people-friendly pets
- In-house food provided (However, we highly recommend Pet Owner's bring their pet's regular food as sudden food changes can upset stomach, which could lead to the need of medical attention at the owner's expense)
bOARDING RULES & POLICIES
- All pets must be seen or have been seen by one of our veterinarians once a year for a wellness examination, prior to being scheduled/allowed to board overnight. This is not only to establish the Doctor/Patient relationship and to review records, but also to make sure the safety of your pet and our staff. IMPORTANT - Beginning January 2023, It will be a requirement that all pets who wish to use any of our Kennel Facility services must be an established NAH Client and also list NAH as their overall main/primary veterinary care provider. Pets who are not currently or will not be current complete medical patients will not be able to use our NAH Kennel Facility. For additional assistance please contact our office during regular business hours.
- Owners must provide proof that their pet (s) have been vaccinated by a veterinarian and is up to date on the following vaccines as well as listing NAH as their now new main veterinary care provider:
- Dogs: Wellness Exam, Distemper-Parvo-Lepto (DAPPL), Bordetella (Upper Respiratory Diseases), Rabies.
Important - Beginning January 2023, the following requirements must be met in order to use NAH's Kennel Facility: 1- Current negative Snap 4dx test/Heartworm test (age dependent) 2- Up-to-date on a negative fecal exam (internal parasites) 3- Show Proof of monthly compliance with heartworm and flea/tick prevention.
- Cats: Wellness Exam, Feline Distemper (FVRCP) and Rabies.
Important - Beginning January 2023, the following requirements must be met in order to use NAH's Kennel Facility: 1- Up-to-date on a negative fecal exam (internal parasites) 2- Show Proof of monthly compliance with flea/tick prevention.
- Dogs & Cats: Must be free of fleas, ticks, and intestinal parasites. (If activity is found by our trained staff, NAH will treat these issues at the owner's expense)
- NAH reserves the right not to perform or refuse services as needed, based on different factors such as but not limited to: Safety and/or behavior.
- Changes in Behavior: Please keep in mind that pet's temperament can change over time and may become necessary to reassess their ability to use our boarding facility.
- Northwood Animal Hospital: may capture pictures/videos of my pet, their pet owners or owner's agent while on premises, and may use, reuse, and publish such pictures/videos on their social media platforms, website, and/or clinic use for marketing purposes. I release NAH from any demands arising out of the use of such images or videos without limitation, all claims for libel or invasion of privacy.
- Personal Items: Are not allowed and will not be accepted for pets staying at NAH overnight. These items include but are not limited to beds, blankets, and toys. Our kennel facility is set up to offer your pet the comforts of home such as beds and toys, thus eliminating the hassle of bringing those items from home.
- Large Breed Dogs: Unfortunately our hospital is not able to board some large, and any extra large and/or giant dog breeds as we do not have the appropriate space that these pets require during boarding.
Cancellation & No-show Policy
- 24-Business hours advance notice is required during busy holiday seasons such as Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's for example. After hours/weekends/holidays communications are to be accepted and marked received on the next business day.
- In the event a pet has more than 3 combined total cancellations and/or No-shows, NAH reserves the right to require non-refundable prepayment for any future services.
1. Make Sure Your Dog(s) or Cat(s) Are Up to Date on Vaccines, Preventatives and Are Deemed Healthy By One of Our NAH Veterinarians (Scheduled Wellness Exam Appointment Required)!
2. Schedule Your Dogs First Overnight at NAH & Complete Required Forms!
You can simply call (OR DOWNLOAD OUR FREE APP PETDESK) and reserve a spot when you need an overnight visit. It is preferred for you make your reservation with at least a 1 business day notice; however we may have same day availability for boarding (call for availability). Required forms are below. Reservations are required. Remember step number one above must take place.
3. It is time to Check-in! (Estimated time to check in is roughly 10-15 minutes per pet. Please plan accordingly)
To ensure we are taking excellent care of your pet(s), remember to complete all the necessary forms needed at least 24 hours (1 business day) before check in. This can simplify the check-in process when dropping off your pet(s) at NAH! We will always answer all your questions and make sure you are continuously informed. We pride ourselves in our quality of service and care and know you will appreciate it during drop-off as well as pick-up!
- $35 for the first pet (dog) per night, each additional pet (dog) is $30
- $25 for each feline per night
- If your pet requires injectable medications (which must be given by Veterinary Technicians), they must have treatment boarding, see below for more information.
- Unfortunately our hospital is not able to board some large, and any extra large and/or giant dog breeds due to not having the appropriate space these pets require during boarding.
Treatment Boarding* PRICEs
(Medical Team Care Required)
- For nightly stays on Saturdays, Sundays and/or Holidays: $85 per night per pet. Treatment boarding* is available to patients that need more medical care while boarding overnight with us.
- For nightly stays on regular hours operating weekdays: $45
per night per pet. Treatment boarding* is available to patients that need more medical care while boarding overnight with us.
*As of December 1, 2022 due to our change in hours of operations, Treatment Boarding pricing had to be adjusted to cover the now additional costs of having a veterinary nurse on site twice a day during non-regular business hours such as Saturdays, Sundays and on most major holidays.
NOTE: NAH does not offer 24 hrs care as we do not have staff staying overnight. NAH is a General Practice Veterinary Hospital.
- Boarding Long-Term Agreement Form(1 Form per Household. Yearly)
- Boarding Amendment - Food/Medication Release Form (1 Form per Pet. Every time)
- Doggie Day Camp Agreement Form (1 Form per Pet)