The trained staff at Northwood Animal Hospital can help you make an informed decision about whether you and your dog(s) are ready for Doggie Day Camp "DDC" for short and group play/socialization. The health, happiness, and well-being of your pet is our number one concern.
Group play and socialization have many benefits for the life and health of your dog. However, when letting your dog play with other dogs', minor illness or injury can happen.
Be aware that Northwood Animal Hospital is not responsible for such injuries or sickness that may occur while at DDC.
DDC AGREEMENT Form
we now offer pass cards for doggie day campers!
How to save $20 with the Day Pass Card:
Buy the PREPAID Day Camp Card & get 4 Days of Doggie Day Camp but you only pay for 3! That means you save $20 when you purchase the Day Pass Card! That's huge!
If you have any questions about Doggie Day Camp or the Day Pass, please call our office at (336) 887-2606 and ask to speak with our Kennel Manager Kaitlyn G.
Doggie Day Camp at NAH has many benefits
- It provides socialization, exercise and entertainment for your dog.
- It reduces separation anxiety – theirs and yours!
- It helps eliminate undesirable and destructive behavior at home.
- It helps your dog maintain a tolerant energy level at home.
- It helps build confidence in your dog so they are comfortable in different social settings (i.e. Old Town, street fairs, organized runs, etc.)
- It helps your dog stay mentally alert and socially aware of other dogs.
- It helps build their immune system
- It’s fun!
Doggie Day Camp Hours
Owners can drop off and pick their pet up at their convenience. Doggie Day Camp hours are
Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:30 pm.
Getting started with our Doggie Day Camp at NAH is as easy as 1, 2, 3…
1. Make Sure Your Dog(s) Are Up-to Date on Vaccines, Preventatives and is Deemed Healthy by one of our NAH Veterinarians (scheduled appointment required) for DDC!
Your dog(s) must pass our personality assessment and be healthy to participate in DDC. Prior to your first day at DDC, or on their first day of DDC (with a scheduled appointment with one of our veterinarians) your dog(s) will be assessed to ensure they will not be dangerous to other campers or staff members, as well to review that requirements are compliant with our DDC. Most importantly to also establish the Doctor / Patient relationship.
2. Schedule Your Dogs First Day at Camp!
You can simply call and reserve a spot when you need day care. You must call and make your reservation with at least a 24 hour notice. Reservations are required. Remember step number one above must take place.
3. Enjoy a Simple Check-in Process!
Always enjoy a simple check-in process when dropping off your pet(s) at NAH! We will always answer all of your questions and make sure you are continuously informed. We pride ourselves on our simplified process and know you will appreciate it during drop-off as well as pick-up!
Doggie Day Camp Prices
- $20 Per Pet/Per Day. (Check out our Frequent Campers Discounts on our Promo/Coupon Section of our NAH Website!)
DOGGIE DAY CAMP RULES & POLICIES
Vaccinations & Other Requirements
Owners must provide proof that their pet has been vaccinated by a veterinarian and is up to date on the following vaccines:
- Bordetella (Upper Respiratory Diseases)
- Dog (s) must be free of fleas, ticks and intestinal parasites. (If activity is found by our trained staff NAH will treat these issues at owner's expense)
- Must have completed step 1 listed above.
All pets over 6 months of age must be spayed or neutered. If your dog (s) are not altered, they will be allowed to socialize with siblings but no other camp members.
Cancellation & No-show Policy
A 24-hour advance notice is preferred during busy holiday seasons such as Memorial Day, 4th of July , Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's for example.
Here at Northwood Animal Hospital, we LOVE puppies! There are risks and benefits, however, to puppy boarding and day camp. It’s important that you are fully informed when making the decision to socialize your puppy.
PUPPY DAY CAMP POLICIES
Minimum Age: 16 weeks
Required Vaccines / Preventative Care
Proof that vaccines were administered by a licensed veterinarian is required.
- All dogs, regardless of age must have BV, DAPPL (#1 and #2) and Rabies in order to play in the park.
BENEFITS of socialization for puppies
- Helps build their immune system
- Top behaviorists in the field agree that socializing at this age is imperative for the development of a well-adjusted dog
- Decreases undesirable behaviors due to separation anxiety
- Helps with teething behaviors and bite inhibition before and during the teething process
- Exerts energy so less bad habits develop at home
- Encourages fearful and submissive puppies to gain confidence with increased stimulation, noises, and faster movement made by other puppies
RISKS of socialization for puppies
- Their immune system is not fully developed and they have not completed their puppy vaccine series, which means they have a higher risk of getting sick (kennel cough, parvo, distemper). In addition, symptoms of illness can be stronger and/or worse (i.e. may get dehydrated quicker, may need supportive care quicker than an adult dog)
- They have not had their rabies vaccine
- Smaller breed dogs and puppies are at an increased risk of injury while playing