Because you rely on us, we want you to know everything possible about Northwood Animal Hospital. On this page, you will find information on our approach to veterinary medicine, special services, contact information, and office hours.
Northwood Animal Hospital
Monday: 08:00 AM - 12:30 PM 2:00PM-6:00 PM*
Tuesday: 08:00 AM - 12:30 PM 2:00PM-6:00 PM*
Wednesday: 08:00 AM - 12:30 PM 2:00PM-6:00 PM*
Thursday: 08:00 AM - 12:30 PM 2:00PM-6:00 PM*
Friday: 08:00 AM - 12:30 PM 2:00PM-6:00 PM*
*Any appointments / Work-ins / Or Emergencies that come after our last scheduled appointment prior to closing could incur additional fees. Our hospital will be closed daily from 12:30 PM-2:00 PM for lunch. Our hospital is closed for most major holidays.
*Doctors hours may vary.
There is a $30 charge for no shows or late cancellations. A late cancellation is an appointment that is cancelled within 24 business hours of the scheduled appointment time. To review Surgery/Dental procedure cancellation policies, please click on the Important Policies & Info tab to review.
After Hours Emergency Centers
(Revised April 2023)
For after hours emergency care please call one of the following options:
- Carolina Veterinary Specialist in Greensboro -- (336) 632-0605 -- 501 Nicholas Road, Greensboro, NC 27409
- After Hours Veterinary Emergency Clinic -- (336) 851-1990 -- 5505 W Friendly Ave, Greensboro, NC 27410
- Happy Tails Veterinary Emergency Clinic -- (336)288-2688 -- 2936 Battleground Ave, Greensboro, NC 27408
- Carolina Veterinary Specialists in Winston Salem -- (336) 896-0902 -- 1600 Hanes Mall Blvd, Winston Salem, NC 2710
- NC State CVM – Emergency Services -- (919) 513-6911 -- 1052 William Moore Dr, Raleigh, NC 27606
- Triangle Veterinary Referral Hospital in Holly Springs -- (919) 973-5620 -- 2120 Werrington Dr., Holly Springs, NC 27540
- Triangle Veterinary Referral Hospital in Durham -- (919) 489-0615 -- 608 Morreene Rd, Durham, NC 2770
We diagnose before we treat
We schedule our appointments* with ample time to discuss your concerns with our doctors and to provide your pet with a comprehensive exam, however sometimes extra time is needed in order to address all your needs and concerns, please let us know when you schedule your appointment if an extended consult is needed. If you phone us with questions, our customer service representatives are happy to assist you.
*Appointments that arrive more than 10 minutes late may be rescheduled or classified as a "Work - In" status if time allow, this is at the doctors discretion.
We provide expert medical care, should your pet become ill or injured. We offer a full range of excellent animal care with specialized diagnostic and life-saving skills. We also provide consultations with board certified specialists as a referral service.
- Client Education
- Wellness Exams
- Dentistry (NAH Dental Brochure)
- Digital Radiology
- Ultrasound Services
- Consultation with Board Certified Specialists (As a referral basis)
- Spaying/Neutering/Declawing (Brochure about Declawing) (NAH Surgery Brochure)
- Orthopedic Surgeries: TTA, Lateral Suture, Medical Luxating Patella, FHO. (Call ahead of time for Surgeon's availability)
- On site and On-Line Pharmacy (Visit our On-line Pharmacy: Click Here!)
- Flea/Tick Prevention and Heartworm Prevention Options
- Pain Management
- Hospice and Euthanasia Services: (Pet Loss)
- DOGGIE DAY CAMP
- Overnight Boarding
- And much more! To learn more about our services CLICK HERE!
Boarding/Doggie Day Camp
The veterinary staff at Northwood Animal Hospital is pleased to offer boarding services to all of our patients. We understand the emotions attached to leaving your pet while you are away. We try to relieve the anxiety associated with boarding by providing a large facility with a warm and inviting atmosphere while also keeping your pet's health and well-being a top priority. Our goal is to take the worry out of your travels.
Visit our Boarding Page HERE
Visit our Doggie Day Camp page HERE
*Extra charges will apply.